Find Out How Much Carry-on You Can Take on Your Air Cairo Flight, and What else You Need to Know Carry-on Luggage Limitations.
Regardless of your destination, you can bring 1 carry-on baggage with a maximum weight not more than 7 kgs. And have maximum dimensions of (55+40+23) however, the sum of the three dimensions shall not exceed (45 inches) (118 cm). These dimensions include wheels, handles, side pockets, etc.
In addition to the carry-on allowance, the following can be accepted as carry-on items:
- An umbrella or walking stick.
- A small camera.
- A pair of binoculars.
- A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight.
- A pair of crutches and/or braces required by a passenger.
- A laptop computer.
Regrettably, any items removed by airport screening services will not be able to be returned to you.
Carry-on Luggage Restrictions.
Air Cairo would like to inform you that for your safety, and in compliance with international regulations, we place some restrictions on the items you can carry in your hand or cabin baggage.
- If you carry liquids or gel; (aerosols, pastes, such as water, drinks, creams, perfumes, sprays, gels, toothpaste, lip gloss and mascaras) in containers over 100 mL/100 g (3.4 oz) in your carry-on baggage you will have these items confiscated at the security checkpoint.
- If you purchased from duty free; your liquid and receipt must be sealed at the time of purchase inside a security bag with a red border.
- Do not open the security bag until you arrive at your destination.
There are exemptions for personal medications, baby products and dietary supplements in liquid, paste, aerosol or gel form.
At The Airport.
- Present your liquids separately from other hand luggage for screening at security.
- Exceptionally, security may open bottles or containers for screening.
- Exceptionally and solely reasons, liquids may not be permitted.
Medications and Baby Food.
- Please ensure that you carry supporting documentation that shows the need for the medicines during the flight in case of questioning, as essential medicines and baby food may be permitted in larger quantities above the 100ml limit.
- Any sterilized water, baby milk or liquid food may be required to be tasted by the passenger to verify it is veritable. Air Cairo recommends that this is a prior check-in to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Any medication a customer may be carrying in their cabin baggage or on their personal, should have a professional printed label identifying the medication, manufacturers name or pharmaceutical label affixed.
- Diabetes related supplies/equipment may be carried including syringes; however, they will be inspected to ensure prohibited items are not concealed.
- Customers are advised to carry a letter from their Doctor verifying the need for any medical items to be carried, as some countries require such a letter to be presented.
Security Check Point:
- Be ready to hand over your re-sealable bag of liquids for screening as you approach the security check point. It will be screened at the same time as your cabin luggage.
- All coats and jackets must be removed ready to be screened and metal items including wallets will be placed in plastic trays and scanned separately.
- If you are carrying a laptop or any other large electrical item within your cabin luggage, then please have it ready for separate screening as you approach the security check.
Please Note That:
According to the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) – SAFO (Safety Alert for Operators) it is recommended that the e-cigarettes and related devices must be carried in the carry-on bags not in the checked baggage, and Samsung Note7 Phone is prohibited for carriage.