Air Cairo Privacy & Data Protection Policy
Air Cairo is Committed to Protecting Your Personal Data and Privacy While Using Our Products and Services.
The purpose of this Air Cairo Data Protection Policy is to inform you, as a visitor to Air Cairo website or as a user of Air Cairo services, of what kinds
of information we may gather about you when you use our services, how we may use that information, to whom we disclose it, and the choices you have regarding our use of data.
By making a booking or other purchase or otherwise giving your personal data to us, we will transfer, store, or process it as set out below.
On some services we have arrangements with other carriers known as "Code Shares". This means that even if you have a reservation with us and hold a ticket where our name or airline designator code (SM) is indicated as the carrier, another carrier may operate the aircraft. In the event of a Code Share, Air Cairo will advise you of the Carrier operating the aircraft at the time you make your reservation.
The legal basis for Air Cairo processing your personal data is the performance of our contracts with you (Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR), compliance with applicable law (Article 6 (1) (c) GDPR), and our legitimate interests (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR). Our legitimate interests include ensuring the safety of our flights, services, and websites; and preventing fraud and other harm to us and third parties.
Which Companies does This Policy Apply to:
including, for example, aircairo.com, aircairoholidays.com, or through Air Cairo managed mobile applications, such as the Air Cairo App.
In addition, this Policy does not apply to any other third-party website not owned and managed by Air Cairo.
What Types of Personal Data Do We Collect About You and Why
We collect certain personal data about you and about any other person you include in your booking. The sort of personal data
we collect is information that you provide to us, that we collect from you or observe about you, or that we obtain from other sources.
The Types of Special Categories of Personal Information We Collect When you Make a Booking or Fly With Us Include:
- Identity Data includes first name, middle name, last name, maiden name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth, gender, passport number and.
- Contact Data includes billing address, home address (if different), email address and telephone numbers.
- For passengers landing in certain countries, we are required to provide details of the itinerary and booking details in our Passenger Name Record (PNR) system to border control, customs, and law enforcement officers at ports of entry and exit on your itinerary. This information is referred to as Advanced Passenger Information (API). We will share API with relevant authorities as required and permitted by local and applicable laws.
Without collecting this kind of data and providing it to the authorities, Air Cairo is not allowed to transport the passengers. It also ensures we fulfil our legal requirements to share personal data with relevant customs and immigration authorities (if applicable). If you do not provide this information, We may not be able to provide travel and may not be able to provide a refund or re-booking.
As the world tackles the coronavirus pandemic, official regulations may require the collection of further information, for example regarding your health or previous stays.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments from you and other details of services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, data about your browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use this website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties (i.e., any external partners) and your preferences when receiving communications.
- details about your health or medical condition
- your religion (for special religious flight bookings (such as Hajj travel)
- If you enter a competition or promotion, or if you report a problem with any of our Services, we will collect your name and relevant contact information and any other personal information you choose to give us.
- If you complete any of our customer feedback questionnaires/surveys after a flight with Air Cairo, we will collect your name, your relevant contact information as well as the booking information, especially the flight details. We may provide this information to third party providers for the creation of statistical reports, which do not identify any individuals.
- If you contact us online, we may keep a record of your name, address, e-mail, telephone number, date of birth, bank details, profession, title, memberships in associations; if the chat function is used, also e-mail and IP address. If you call us by telephone, we may - with your consent - monitor and/or record phone conversations for training and customer service reasons.
Personal Data Obtained from Other Sources
We Might Also Receive Your Personal Data from Third Party Sources Who Collect Information about You on Our Behalf. This Includes:
- If you tell a third party that you would like to receive marketing communications from Air Cairo, they will securely transfer your contact details and marketing preferences to us.
- If you book one of our flight seat sales through a third-party travel agent, certain personal data (as applicable to your booking, such as your name, address, e-mail, date of birth or any special requirements you have) will be passed to us to provide the services you have requested/booked.
Making a Booking on Behalf of Another Person
We Use Special Categories of Personal Information to:
- determine your fitness to travel (for example, if you have a pre-existing medical condition which may make it unsafe to fly).
- provide you with special assistance (for example, where you tell us that you need an oxygen tank or a wheelchair) on our flights, at destinations or activities or at airports.
- fulfil special dietary requirements you tell us about.
- determine your eligibility for special religious flight bookings.
- address a security or medical incident.
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- as you may authorise or consent to additionally from time to time.
We do not generally collect special categories of personal information from you (or those you are booking for), but where we do, we seek to minimise the collection and use of it and handle it with extra care. We also share this information with third parties (who help manage our business and deliver services, such as those parties who provide wheelchairs at airports) and other companies who help manage your booking or journey, and we transfer it globally.
Special Notice Regarding Sensitive Data:
In certain situations, we collect information that is defined as “sensitive” under applicable data protection laws. If a medical or other emergency occurs while travelling with Air Cairo, we collect information, including but not limited to first and last name, contact information, date of birth, and medical information, and may share such information with third-party medical or other safety personnel as necessary or advisable.
- Please note that you submit information on meal preferences that may indicate your then this data is used to provide the service to you, and such data will be used by us and stored in our system as part of your passenger data. We will also submit this data to our service providers.
- Please note that if you submit, such as information on your medical condition or the need of a wheelchair service, then such health-related data is used to provide the according service to you, and such data will be used by us and stored in our system as part of your passenger data.
Your Rights in Relation to Any Personal Data We Hold About You
You have several rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law as shown below:
Your Right to Access Your Personal Information
You have the right to make a Data Subject Access Request in many circumstances. That is a request for access to the personal information that we hold about you. If we agree that we must provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
We may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information. That may include information about your previous booking(s) or other purchases. If someone is acting on your behalf, they will need to provide written and signed confirmation from you that you have given your authority to that person/company for them to make the request.
We will ask for this to be provided before we give you (or another person acting on your behalf) a copy of any of your personal information we may be holding. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if it includes the personal information of other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
Please see the section titled ‘How to Contact Us’ if you need to make a Data Subject Access Request
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
The accuracy of your information is important to us, and we are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you.
In the meantime, if you change your name or address/e-mail address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting our customer service team at [email protected]om.
Withdrawing Your Consent
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information when providing our services to you, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, or your consent to us processing any information concerning dietary requirements, medical conditions, disabilities and special requirements, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note if you ask us to stop processing this information, it may mean we will not be able to provide all or parts of the services you have requested.
If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw can still be lawful.
Objecting to Our Use of Your Personal Information
Where we rely on our legitimate business interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information for any purpose(s), you may object to us using your personal information for these purposes by e-mailing or writing to us at the address provided at the end of this policy. Except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your personal information; we will temporarily stop processing your personal information in line with your objection until we have investigated the matter.
If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection law, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise, we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
Erasing Your Personal Information or Restricting its Processing
In certain circumstances, you may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems by e-mailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy.
Provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue processing or holding your personal information, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
You may also ask us to restrict processing your personal information where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so, you have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings. We may only process your personal information whilst its processing is restricted if we have your consent or are legally permitted to do so, for example for storage purposes, to protect the rights of another individual or company or in connection with legal proceedings.
Transferring Your Personal Information in a Structured Data File
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract, as set out in section titled ‘How do we use your information when providing our services to you’, you may ask us to provide you with a copy of that information in a structured data file.
You can ask us to send your personal information directly to another service provider, and we will do so if this is technically possible. We may not provide you with a copy of your personal information if it contains the personal information of other individuals or we have another lawful reason to withhold that information.
How to Contact Us For queries about this policy and for subject requests, please contact us at [email protected] or in writing to: Air Cairo Customer relation department Air Cairo Administration building 6 El Safa st, Sheraton Heliopolis Cairo, Egypt
Once you have made your subject request and provided us with the information, we need to begin a search for the data we hold on to you (including proof of identity), we will have 30 days to respond.
Keeping Hold of Your Personal Data
For retaining and deletion of your personal data We follow our legal obligations and internal processes. If you want to find out more about retention and deletion of your data, please email us at [email protected]
Where you have made a booking or other purchase with us, your personal information will be retained to ensure we provide the best possible customer service to you.
We also retain your personal data for legal and audit purposes only for as long as necessary and in accordance with any retention period required by law.
Use of Attribution Tools – Cookies and Fingerprinting
We use attribution tools for the purpose of marketing and improving our services. To that end, we use services and attribution tools from third party service providers such as:
- Google AdWords Remarketing
- DoubleClick Floodlights (Conversion)
- DoubleClick Floodlights (Remarketing)
- DoubleClick Search - Category ("Statistics")
These attribution tools are used to collect and store data about your use of this website and its sub-pages. This data can be used to create anonymous user profiles. For more privacy information and to manage your privacy preferences regarding Google and DoubleClick tools please go to privacy.google.com.
Attribution tools use technologies such as Cookies, web beacons and fingerprinting:
- Web Beacons are small graphic data (also known as ‘Pixel Tags’ or ‘Clear GIFs’), which can be included in our websites, apps, applications, and newsletters and are usually used in combination with cookies to identify users and user behaviour. The above-mentioned statements about cookies apply accordingly for web beacons; web beacons will not be used in case you objected to the use of the relevant cookie.
- The Fingerprinting technology stores environmental variables of your devices in a database but does not store clear user-related data such as an IP address. Cookies and/or Fingerprinting make(s) it possible to recognise your device and identify you as a user.
The data collected using the attribution tools will create personal profiles but will not be used to identify visitors by name.
You can object to the storage of your anonymous visitor data in the future via the following measures:
- You can choose to opt out of this type of advertising permanently by going to http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
Please note though, that if you delete your cookies:
- We might no longer know that you have opted out of online behavioral advertising, so the banners from our third-party advertisers will reappear when you visit other selected websites.
- We might no longer automatically recognize that you have agreed to our cookies policy and website terms and conditions and will ask for confirmation of this along with your language and country preferences.
For more information, check our cookies policy
Social Media Integration
At various places on our websites and mobile applications, we may implement Social Network/ social media features. These include:
- Links to Air Cairo websites in social networks
- “Like” or “Share” buttons
- Embedded content, such as videos
Such embedded content may be used by the providers of the above features to identify you, the source of a visit, and how you use the websites of Air Cairo. This may, depending on the circumstances, occur during your visit to our websites.
When you use the recommendation functions, this communicates the URL of the respective Air Cairo website to the social network you have picked. Several networks then immediately supplement the link with an excerpt of the content provided by Air Cairo. With most social networks, you are asked for confirmation before this is saved or forwarded.
We may integrate social media tools from the following providers into our websites:
Please note that the obligation to comply with applicable data protection law rests primarily on these providers, and Air Cairo has only limited knowledge or influence on how social networks deal with the information they collect through their services. For more information on how these providers process personal data and your rights and options in this regard, we refer to the privacy notices of these organisations.
Third Party Adverts on Our Sites and Social Media
This type of advertising is intended to provide you with a selection of products/services that you have viewed on other third-party websites, or social media channels, which are presented to you by our agency when you visit our Sites or social media channels.
The adverts may feature variations on the products/services that might be considered relevant to your browsing history on these other third-party websites.
Air Cairo Adverts on Third Party Websites
This type of advertising is intended to provide you with a selection of travel related products/services that you have viewed on our website, which are presented to you by our agency when you visit other selected websites or social media channels. The adverts may feature different Air Cairo products/services that might be considered relevant to your browsing history.
We use advertising solutions to serve you these advertisements. Where we share data for the purposes mentioned above, it is encrypted and does not include your name.