To guarantee your safety on board, and to comply with international regulations, the transport of certain items either in checked baggage or in your carry-on baggage is not permitted. Here you will find an overview of which dangerous goods may be transported in which item of baggage. You can also find out here which conditions the items have to meet.
The following list of Dangerous Goods items may not be transported for safety and security reasons either as checked or carry-on baggage:
- Compressed gasses (flammable, non-flammable and poisonous) such as aerosols, camping gas
- Explosives, ammunitions, fireworks, and flares (except sporting firearms which does not exceed 5kg of ammunitions per passenger and a max of 2 rifles)
- Miscellaneous hazardous goods (such as mercury, noxious materials, magnetized materials, or offensive materials)
- Radioactive material
- Samsung Galaxy Note7
- Ethologic agents (chemical reagent).
- According to the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) – SAFO (Safety Alert for Operators) it is recommended that the e-cigarettes and related devices must be carried in the carry bags not in checked baggage.
- Oxidizing material (bleaching powder, peroxides...etc.)
- Flammable liquid and solids such as (lighter, matches, paints, thinner).
- Briefcases with installed alarm devices or that are lithium battery operated.
- Corrosives (such as acids, alkalis, wet cell batteries … etc.)
- Knives, daggers, swords...Etc.
- Recreational Mobility Devices such as self-balancing hover boards are PROHIBITED on board Air Cairo flights as checked or carry-on baggage.
- Dry ice more than 2.5 kg
- Heat-generating objects
- Oxygen generators, liquid oxygen
- Materials that are easily ignited, such as strike anywhere matches
- Strongly magnetic materials
- Security bags or briefcases with lithium batteries or pyrotechnic devices
Please Note That:
- the restrictions on liquids in carry-on baggage also apply to the items listed.
- certain items are allowed in your carry-on baggage, but not in checked baggage. These items must be removed if your carry-on baggage cannot be accommodated in the cabin.
- For customers traveling to or from Saudi Arabia, it is prohibited to carry some medications (such as Tramadol, and the Lebraks and Rovamesan) which are included in the list of drugs, to avoid the arrest and deportation of their respective holders.
The list of prohibited items is not exhaustive and can be extended at any time. For certain flights, additional regulations may apply. In addition, national regulations, and the IATA (International Air Transport Association) Dangerous Goods Regulations must be observed. A copy of these regulations is available from the airline on request.